Monday 1 August 2011

The sweetest bread ever....:)

Its only recently that I started driving my car : My brand new i10 - white magna 1.2...!!! My pride and one of the very few obsessions I've had in my life.... Well it was a Sunday yesterday and unlike all the other sundays gone by I woke up, not so lazy and smiling happily....I was taking my i10 for a drive..( Sunday mornings are dedicated to my car these days :) :) :)  :p) 
I was about to pick my keys and rush out when maa called out from behind and said , "Where are you off to at 8 a.m. in the morning that too on a sunday??"  (The expression on her face said "are u alright?? Are you really sparing me the trouble of dragging you out of bed??" )
I said ,"Drive pe..." So like moms do, she thought, lets get some work done out of her...shouldn't miss such an opportunity. So she said, "get some bread on your way. I don't feel like working too hard on your breakfast today."  And I thought , God its Sunday and there isn't going to be anything special on the breakfast menu.
Well then I drove off to the bakery and bought a packet of bread. It was the first time I ever went shopping in my car. Came home then. Maa made some tea and my breakfast was JUST tea and bread.
But one single  bite of the bread and it felt like heaven. It was the sweetest bread I had ever tasted. But it probabaly din't seem that special to maa. She was looking at me with this quizzical expression on her face. So I said ,"I got this in my car maa...Its the best bread ever....the sweetest bread ever.."
Maa gave me the MERI BETI PAAGAL HO GAYI HAI kinda looks...
but kya kare????  I love my car....truly madly deeply....

8 comments:

! RUCH ! said...

Ships... can imagine the happiness..Gud going.. D shopping list will get longer sooon.. :P
And M dying to feel d same.. I sooo wish.. !!

Kapil Parulkar said...

Party de Chingus :)

Obscure Optimist said...

Aww....such a cute post ships.. I think u shud go and do all the grocery shopping in your car..and sure everytime to eat, everything will taste good !! :D

Happy and safe driving to you..

-Yamini

SBM said...

One of the cutest post i read..

Lekin bas ab ho gaya... Grocery lene toh jana hi mat else tujhe Lal mirch bhi Mithi lagegi... ;) :P

And m coming soon to drive ur Magna.. :))))
Loved this one.. :)

Pooja Cornelius said...

I have had the pleasure to drive that beauty!!!! Good one ships, keep writing and expressing, Atleast I am there to read ;)

Anuj Hamilton said...

Hmmmm... Nice to see you write after so long. Wonderful work with words Ships, feelings expressed very well... Congrats on ur car and Happy eating...

Shilpa Kanor said...

Ruch: Thank u soooooooooo much sweetheart......:)
Kapil: Whats chingus in dis?? cm to ngp n get d party...:)
Yam: :) he he he.....Thanks babes....wud tk u on a treat in my car...:)
SBM: can't u digest it dat u cn praise sum1??? U have to write smthn dats total nonsense...p
Pooja: Thanx girl....:) n wht do u mean by atleast ur dr 2 read??
Anuj: Thank u :)

Nuka said...

Hey Shilpa... we'll go shopping and joggers when i come next to Ngp.. so u better be there this time.. :)